This page lists news articles and events for the year 1900.
Events that happen on the specified date are listed under Events: entries. News articles that were published on the specified date are listed under News: entries. Events that only happened in fiction on the specified date are listed under Fiction: entries and are written in italics.
|Centuries:||19th Century||20th Century||21st Century|
- Event: Bed hangings made from spider silk displayed in Paris, France. See News: Gossamer Silk, From Spiders Spun
- Event: About this time, Harriet Quimby begins her career as a journalist in San Francisco.
- November 22:
- Event: British composer Sir Arthur Sullivan dies of a heart attack, following an acute case of bronchitis.
- December 15:
- Event: Last recorded log entry for the lighthouse on Eilean Mòr in the Flannan Isles. Later that day a passing steamer noticed the light on the lighthouse was out. The three men stationed at the lighthouse were never seen again.
- December 26:
- Event: Ship bringing relief crew to Eilean Mòr in the Flannan Isles finds the lighthouse deserted with no sign of what happened to the crew. The mystery of their disappearance is never solved.