This page lists news articles and events for the year 1938.
Events that happen on the specified date are listed under Events: entries. News articles that were published on the specified date are listed under News: entries. Events that only happened in fiction on the specified date are listed under Fiction: entries and are written in italics.
|Centuries:||19th century||20th century||21st century|
- Event: A Coelacanth, a prehistoric fish long thought extinct, caught in the Indian Ocean.
- Event: Sculptor Harvey Fite purchases the quarry into which he would carve Opus 40.
- Event: Angel Mounds, an ancient Indian site, sold by the Angel family to the Indiana Historical Society.
- Event: Dropa Stones discovered.
- July 17
- Douglas "Wrong Way" Corrigan sets out to fly from New York to California, landing 28 hours later near Dublin, Ireland.