5 cm. fir tree removed from patient’s lung
Game and Story Use
- Imagine a species of plants in a science fiction or fantasy setting whose seeds commonly lodge themselves into the lungs of animals and grow to large sizes - thus creating a rather gruesome and possibly fatal disease.
- Could be the fate of those who offend Mother Nature, The Green Man, or any other God or Goddess of the plants.
- Perhaps there's a single nasty tree (not a whole species) that does this. A tree planted at a site of great evil.
- Could be a fun follow-up to that adventure where the PCs defeated the Big Bad Evil Guy in a forest. He's not dead - he's just a vegetable! :)
- Of course, what starts as one tree may grow into many, depending on what the hospital does with the removed sprouts and saplings.
- Gaia strikes back! Could be the first indication of an impending global catastrophe where the entire plant kingdom moves against man.
page revision: 6, last edited: 08 Jan 2013 15:20