December 30, 2002: A BBC documentary about extreme art practices in China has provoked controversy, as it features a Chinese artist who apparently eats a stillborn baby. The artist claims that he has found a loophole in Chinese law which doesn't make this practice illegal.
Game and Story Use
- Eating a stillborn baby might be part of some occult ritual - possibly leading to a twisted sort of immortality.
- Or other mystical powers a la Peter Niers.
- Shock artists such as this one could be an omen of the End Times of the Cthulhu Mythos where humanity would become "free and wild and beyond good and evil, with laws and morals thrown aside".
- Deliberate transgression of moral codes has been a common meme amongst artists - this is little more than a logical extension of earlier work.
- Good characterisation for a "lawful evil" type villain - if this behaviour is, indeed, legal. In any case a wanton display of contempt for ordinary people.