A choleric person is ambitious and aggressive. They're charismatic, but prone to arrogance or anger.
Game and Story Use
- May be used as a characterization handle for dictating how a particular PC or NPC behaves.
- This is especially fitting for characters in a historical or fantasy setting where humoural medicine is the dominant medical paradigm, as it allows you to hang a lampshade on it via explicit characterization, thus reinforcing the setting.
- This Personality type gives a general idea of the persona, but you may want to use additional characterization tropes to further refine that.
- If this comes up on the Random Character Generator you might interpret it to mean that the character especially embodies the traits of this personality type to such an extent that this defines them.
- The character may be part of a Four-Temperament Ensemble.
- In humorism, this personality type is associated with the Classical Element of Fire, which might suggest ideas for any magic or powers the character might have.
- This personality will work well for NPC military leaders, big businessmen, born royalty, etc. People who compete heavily to climb up the success ladder, and then throw their weight around when they reach that position of prominence. They can inspire loyalty in others, but are very vengeful if they feel betrayed. All of which makes them a good choice for Big Bad Evil Guy.