The Devil's Tramping Ground is a barren circle in a forest near Bennett, North Carolina. For at least a century, nothing has grown within the 12 foot ring, and so far, nobody has found a scientific explanation.
Items left in the circle are supposed to vanish overnight, and strange things are supposed to happen to those who spend the night there.
Game and Story Use
- Perhaps this place has been used as a summoning circle for demons numerous times, tainting the local area.
- And perhaps it is used for summoning still - maybe the barrier between Earth and Hell has been weakened so much here that it is possible to summon demons by accident.
- On the other hand, maybe the legends are mistaken and this is actually a trod - a faerie circle.
- Maybe they are the same thing…
- This might qualify as a bad place on the basis of it being a malevolently aligned planar weak spot.
- It may also qualify as a name to run away from really fast.
- In the cthulhu mythos summoning azathoth is meant to more or less permanently ruin the place where you do it.
- And colours out of space aren't exactly good for the environment either.
- We know the Devil went down to Georgia … but Carolina?