November 26, 2008: Federal agents recover an 18 kt gold bookmark reportedly given to Adolf Hitler by his mistress Eva Braun. The item was one of several stolen in an auction house robbery six years earlier in Madrid.
The bookmark bears a portrait of Hitler as well as an imperial eagle and swastika, and a personal inscription referring to the German defeat at Stalingrad as "only an inconvenience that will not break your certainty of victory. My love for you will be eternal, as our Reich will be eternal. Always yours, Eva. 3-2-43."
Immigrations and Customs Enforcement officials (ICE) in Seattle, Washington learned that someone was trying to sell the item and set up a meeting with the seller, a Romanian national, at a suburban Starbucks coffee shop.
Game and Story Use
- THEY STOLE HITLER'S BOOKMARK!!!
- The bookmark could have occult significance.
- Could have? Of course it did! Everything Hitler owned has occult significance! Did you notice how the bookmark looks like the Spear of Longinus?
- The bookmark might bear a psychic imprint of either Hitler, or Braun or both.
- It's a rare artifact and an obsessive collector might do anything to get it.