A gas giant is a very large planet that is made mostly of non-solid matter.
- Jovian Planet: Like Jupiter and Saturn, they are composed mostly of Hydrogen and Helium.
- Ice Giant (Planet): Like Uranus and Neptune, these are mostly made of Water, Ammonia and Methane.
- Hot Jupiters: Gas giants that are very close to their sun and thus very hot. Currently the most commonly detected form of Exoplanet in other Star Systems.
Former Gas Giants
Old gas giants never die, they just become other planets
- Cthonian Planet - the rocky core left over from a gas giant that lost it's gas
- Hot Neptunes - a continuously boiling ocean planet
- Ocean Planet - an Ice Giant that defrosted