August 21, 2010: A Fire Whirl (a tornado originating out of a fire) burned 1,400 acres of Hawaii. News of it didn't start making the rounds on the internet until nearly a week later on August 27 when the Associated Press posted a YouTube video of it. In between those two dates, a similar fiery phenomena hit Brazil (see Rare 'fire tornado' filmed in Brazil).
Game and Story Use
- Along with the one in Brazil, that makes two of these rare phenomena occurring (and captured on film) in less than a week. What could explain that?
- A traveling fire elemental or demon?
- A mission, quest or roaming battle involving a pyromancer?
- A cursed lamp full of Djinn or Efreet passing through airport security?
- An experimental weapon system designed by some government to destroy the agriculture of their rivals?
- Early signs of the apocalypse?
- Some kind of planar conjunction that allows fire elementals to leak into our world?