Map Resources (External Links)
List of pages tagged with "map_resource"
These pages will have external links to useful maps:
- Adventure Writer For Windows
- AutoRealm - free
- Dungeon Crafter 3
- Dungeon Tile Mapper - free
- Fractal Mapper
- GIMP - free bitmap-based graphics program
- Inkscape - free vector-based graphics program
- ProFantasy software - various commercial programs
- RPGMapMaker - free, MacOS
- eplans.com - very large collection of house floor plans of American residential houses
- Whitemarsh Hall Mansion Floor Plans
- Alcatraz - Cell House Floor Plans
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- A Medieval Atlas
- Strange Maps — a blog posting weird and interesting maps
- Art & Maps Gallery by Wizards of the Coast - large collection of fantasy maps
- Fantasy Cartography - large collection of maps of fictional settings
- RPGMapShare Gallery
Game and Story Use
- Maps are extremely useful tools for the player characters to visualize their environment. Having maps will allow them to plan their travels on their own witout having to ask the GM about every little detail.
- A map - whether of an unknown region or of a location where treasure is buried - makes for an excellent MacGuffin for the PCs to chase after.