Don't bite off more than you can chew
There's things down here the devil himself wouldn't do
Just remember when you let it all go
What happens down in Mexico
Stays in Mexico
(from) Stays in Mexico Toby Keith
Towns and Cities
- Cave of Swallows
- Chichen Itza
- La Isla de las Munecas
- Mapimí Silent Zone
- Event/News: 'Cannibal' killer commits suicide
- Event/News: Drug cartels target Mexican army in brazen attacks
- Event/News: Oldest Skeleton in Americas Found in Underwater Cave?
- Event/News: Portal to mythical Mayan underworld found in Mexico
- News: Mexican police ask spirits to guard them in drug war
- News: Mexico's death cult protests shrine destruction
Game and Story Use
- Mexico is a land that is rich in spiritual culture. The "Dia De Los Muertos," or the Day of the Dead, is a holiday celebrated in Mexico to remember and pray for relatives and friends who have died, and Mexico City contains a recently discovered passage to the underworld. This would be an excellent setting for an adventure that involves archaeological discovery, cliffhanger adventures, and/or occult investigation.
- For action-oriented games, the War on Drugs and its repercussions offer plenty of opportunity for violence. And for horror as well - even without invoking supernatural elements.