"There's a man works down the chip-shop swear's he's elvish"
(with apologies to the ghost of Ms. McColl)
Game and Story Use
- Perhaps mythological creatures are staging a comeback to the modern world - but they can only do that by possessing and eventually transforming human host bodies. So the "Otherkin" only think that they have memories of former lives - in reality, these memories are of alien entities who will slowly take them over.
- Unless someone can exorcise them. And most Otherkin likely won't be cooperative unless they can be convinced of the true danger.
- Combine this with the things everyone knows about Scientology. The "Otherkin spirits" are Thetans!
- Even if the otherkin are not what they believe themeselves to be, such a delusion could make an interesting character trait for an NPC. (Or an annoying one for a PC).
- In a fantasy setting, you have someone who claims to be a reincarnation of some powerful monster. Were-monster, unaware shaman, attention-seeking teenager, or something else?