A phlegmatic person is quiet, rational, content and accepting, but possibly prone to being passive-aggressive or overly timid. They do not seek personal glory, nor do they crave excitement.
Game and Story Use
- May be used as a characterization handle for dictating how a particular PC or NPC behaves.
- This is especially fitting for characters in a historical or fantasy setting where humoural medicine is the dominant medical paradigm, as it allows you to hang a lampshade on it via explicit characterization, thus reinforcing the setting.
- This Personality type gives a general idea of the persona, but you may want to use additional characterization tropes to further refine that.
- If this comes up on the Random Character Generator you might interpret it to mean that the character especially embodies the traits of this personality type to such an extent that this defines them.
- The character may be part of a Four-Temperament Ensemble.
- In humorism, this personality type is associated with the Classical Element of Water, which might suggest ideas for any magic or powers the character might have.
- This personality type tends to lend itself to sidekicks and supporting cast more readily than main characters.