Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
when they contend with their opponents in court.
PSM127: 4-5 (NIV Translation)
Game and Story Use
- In fantasy or science fiction settings, there are often a number of different sapient species which co-exist in more-or-less balanced numbers with each other. But what if one of these species is swept by a religious movement which decides to out-breed all other species? As most settings have limited resources, such demographic changes will sooner or later lead to conflict - and the conflict might begin early, if other species preemptively lash out against this movement…
- Quiverfull gets its name from a passage describing children as arrows in a spiritual war. It could easily be the case that the movement expects the conflict, or is actively encouraging it…
- Now added as flavour text! A psalm attributed to Solomon.
- It might be interesting to put a Quiverfull-equivalent group against a Cathar-equivalent group.
- Quiverfull or something related could easily spread genetic parasites or memes.
- For a more ambiguous take, you might present the Quiverfull movement as they like to present themselves (just Godly people trying to live as God intends), or present some of their beliefs as correct (the world really is being corrupted by secularists who need to be crowded out).
- Generally, Quiverfull tends to be associated with conservative or reactionary politics. What would need to be true for it to be associated with progressive or radical politics?