November 19, 2008: A group of scientists is convinced that it is possible to resurrect mammoths and other animals which have been extinct for up to 60,000 years through analysis of surviving DNA fragments at the cost of $10 million.
Game and Story Use
- This might be used to justify prehistoric animals in a science fiction setting.
- In an After The End setting, these animals might even roam free in their old habitats.
- Reborn Neanderthals might be used as a "slave race" in some settings.
- Another cool animal to resurrect would be the moa, a 3 m tall giant bird from New Zealand.
- Of course, bringing back the moa is only to make sure there's a food supply for the Haast Eagle we're bringing back…