Saif al-Islam Gadaffi Captured
- See also Heavily Armed Convoy flees Libya for more of the same sort of thing - albiet in this case, making a sucessful escape into Niger.
Game and Story Use
- The tyrant is dead, and as the nation struggles to establish a new government, his heir apparent is finally tracked down and captured. Now nothing can go wrong, right?
- The new government want him back in the capital as a trophy, others want more immediate revenge. The PCs could be on either side of the issue.
- A rescue attempt is not impossible - a foreign power may want him in return for some information he holds (or at least to keep it out of the public arena) alternatively loyalists, pre-paid mercenaries or genuine allies may intervene. In a tribal society such as Libya, a group of well armed relatives might even step in. Where such things are taken seriously, there may be a blood debt to be discharged.
- Some element in the new government may want him on their side - or at least to make a deal with him.
- The new government may not be good guys either - some people may be already wondering if they made the right choice.
- Perhaps the entire transport party just vanishes.
- Wind back a bit - the capture might make a good wargame scenario, the flight and capture attempt might make decent RPG fodder, with the PCs either as hunters or trying to smuggle their prince to safety.
- The heir could be a rallying symbol for partisans of a Lost Cause
page revision: 6, last edited: 29 Jan 2013 15:01