A Sanguine person is social, extroverted and charismatic, but prone to impulsiveness, narcissism and self-indulgence.
Game and Story Use
- May be used as a characterization handle for dictating how a particular PC or NPC behaves.
- This is especially fitting for characters in a historical or fantasy setting where humoural medicine is the dominant medical paradigm, as it allows you to hang a lampshade on it via explicit characterization, thus reinforcing the setting.
- This Personality type gives a general idea of the persona, but you may want to use additional characterization tropes to further refine that.
- If this comes up on the Random Character Generator you might interpret it to mean that the character especially embodies the traits of this personality type to such an extent that this defines them.
- The character may be part of a Four-Temperament Ensemble.
- In humorism, this personality type is associated with the Classical Element of Air, which might suggest ideas for any magic or powers the character might have.
- Likewise, the association with blood may inspire a few ideas.
- This is a useful persona for allied NPCs. Sanguine individuals make friends quickly, so you can justify the sudden transition from "total stranger" to "best friend" without having to do a lot of foot work. The PCs may not reciprocate the emotion, but that's not necessarily a big deal to the Sanguine as long as they're getting a little attention.
- This personality is likely to do well in the royal court or similar environment where charisma and style are important.