Examples in our Solar System
In our Solar System there are:
- Four terrestrial planets:
- one terrestrial dwarf planet, Ceres. (see Terrestrial Dwarf Planet)
- several terrestrial moons, including:
Game and Story Use
- In our Solar System, the Terrestrial Planets are located close to sun. Gas Giants are found beyond them, and Ice Giants out beyond the Snow Line.
- Some (but probably not all, at least not without sufficiently advanced science) planets may be Terraformed. Some might even be so earth-like they don't need it. These are prime real-estate for a space colony.
- Even lifeless terrestrial planets with no atmosphere might have something that makes them worth landing on. Metal and inorganic resources, for example.
page revision: 3, last edited: 28 Aug 2009 19:59