The source of Volcanic eruptions. Of course.
This article is a stub. Please expand on it!
List of Noteworthy Volcanoes
Real World Volcanoes
Game and Story Use
- Volcanoes are cool. If you can't think of a use for a volcano in your campaign, you aren't really trying.
- Well, technically the active volcanoes are pretty hot, but that's besides the point.
- An extinct volcano makes a swell location for the BBEG's lair.
- Perhaps he has the volcano rigged to appear to be active to discourage visitors.
- If he's a really badass BBEG, he'll have his lair in an active volcano.
- If he's a dragon, he'll prefer it that way.
- Volcanoes make good homes/breeding grounds/vacation spots for flame-based creatures such as dragons and fire elementals.
- Or a good place of power for certain mages (fire and destruction are the obvious kinds, but don't count out renewal or life).
- They also make handy disposal sites for Magic Rings of Power and other Evil Artifacts
- When used as a superweapon, you're probably dealing with a supervolcano or even a Verneshot.